It is estimated that in 2014 the number of International worldwide students surpassed the 5 million mark, and that by 2022 the number of internationally mobile students will reach 7 million, according to the research done by Canadian Bureau for International Education. CBIE is a global leader in international education, dedicated to equity, quality, inclusiveness and partnership.
- Canada ranks as the world’s 7thmost popular destination for international students.
- There were 336,497 international students in Canada in 2014, representing an 83% increase since 2008, and an increase of 10% over the previous year.
- International students made up 11% of the post-secondary student population in Canada in the 2012-2013 academic year.
Among many reasons what why international students choose Canada, here are 3 main reason why they prefer studying in Canada:
- The quality of the Canadian education system
- Canada’s reputation as a tolerant and non-discriminatory society
- Canada’s reputation as a safe country
Almost 95 % of international students recommend Canada as a study destination
And 51% of international students plan to apply for permanent residence in Canada
Top Sending Countries
Students from China make up fully one-third (33%) of Canada’s international student population, followed by students from India (12%), South Korea (5.8%), France (5.7%) and Saudi Arabia (4%).
Countries with the fastest growing number of international students in Canada (2013- 2014): Nigeria (+25%), Vietnam (+16%), Brazil (+15%), and France (+15%)
September 29, 2017