Part 1: Overview
IELTS, the International English Language Testing System, is design to assess the language skills of people who want to study or work where English is the languages of communication.
IELTS is recognized and accepted by thousands of organizations worldwide, including universities & colleges, private institutions, employers, professional organizations, and other government agencies.
Preparing for your IELTS Test
Make sure you are ready to take the challenge!
- Take practice test before with an institution that has the experience in the field. Get yourself familiar with the format, if you like more information about the test format of the test and the type of question used, please visit: ielts.org/testtakers
- Practice using sample questions from ielts.org/samples
- Consider doing a practice test. This is available ielts.org/testtakers . These materials include a full practice test with answers, and sample Writing and Speaking performance with examiner comments.
- Consider enrolling in a preparation course to improve your performance in the test. You can find authorized IELTS test centers and language schools around the world offers IELTS preparation courses.
- And finally, when you feel you are ready to take the test, register as soon as possible. & Good Luck.
Importance of IELTS Practice Tests
If a good band score is your goal, you have to practice a lot before taking the IELTS test. To score best, you need to improve your English skills in writing, reading, speaking and listening.
- Practice tests make you aware of the test format.
- You will experience the kind of questions which may be in actual test.
- You can check your level score and review your answers immediately.
- Taking practice tests help maintain & manage time condition.
- If you are lacking in one module or section, you can then realise where you may need to concentrate.
The IELTS bans score scale
Administrator, October 6, 2016